4247 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Autoraid 12h Hangs

Mahesh_2
Occasional Contributor

Autoraid 12h Hangs

Hi Friends,
We hav got an autoraid 12h connected to two hp 9000 k class servers in mcs. The problem is that intermittently the raid box goes to hung posistion, (this happen once in 2 weeks or so). The LCD display of the raid box shows a message "TESTING". We will not be able to shutdown the raid box.
If we pullout any one of the raid controller card it starts working with the other card. And when we puts the card back it remains working. The problem will again occur after 2-3 weeks.
Can anybodyhelp me out?
There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. That little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative
4 REPLIES 4
Insu Kim
Honored Contributor

Re: Autoraid 12h Hangs

Please, check what version of firmware is loaded on AutoRAID.
You can check this out on the front panel or sam and be aware that HP54 is recalled which reported this kind of symptom "Testing".
Try to get the latest firmware on AutoRAID.
The current released controller firmware is HP62.

Best regards,
Never say "no" first.
Mahesh_2
Occasional Contributor

Kind Attn. Mr In-Su Kim ,

I have checked up the firmware version of the Autoraid 12H which was giving the problem; it is HP54 only. Do u mean to say thet the problem i had mentioned is common in this particular raid version?. The system had been installed 1 year ago and it was working fine till now. Also it has not gone any h/w change/upgrade since installation. So will upgrading the firmware version will help us to solve the problem?

Regards,
Mahesh.M.S
There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. That little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Yes, I would go ahead and get the firmware upgraded. If you have a hardware service contract on the AutoRaid, call HP and have them come out and do the firmware uprgrade. It is covered as part of you contract.

Upgrading the firmware definitely can't hurt. And if HP54 was recalled because of a similar problem, then that is even more reason to upgrade.
Insu Kim
Honored Contributor

My answer is that upgrading firmware to HP62 may help you solve the problem.
I don't know well what happened on HP54 firmware but the symptom that you described "testing on the front panel" appears on HP54 and disappeared with firmware update to higher version of firmware based on my experience.

There might be other execeptions in the array but I strongly recommend you upgrade firmware.
( Let HP support personel do this in order not to hurt your valuable data. )

Check the array out as follows.
# /opt/hparray/bin/logprint -a
Take a look at log carefully and try to find any suspicious inside AutoRAID.
You can get array id with,
# /opt/hparray/bin/arraydsp -i

Regards,

Never say "no" first.