2892 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BCV Backup and Restore using DP 5.1

rccmum
Super Advisor

BCV Backup and Restore using DP 5.1

Backup and Restore Operations in BC EVA environment

DP 5.1 ( without ZDB or EVA Integration )
EVA 5000
BC EVA 2.3
CV EVA 3.3
VCS 3025

I want to have a ideal strategy for Backup and Restore in the BC EVA Environment using
above. How can I automate my Backup with BCVs
( vsnaps or snapclones ) created through with either EVMCL or BC Job scheduler. How the restoration will work for BCVs using DP?

Anyone out there can put real scenarios and smart replies?

Points for everyone and Full points for Smart Replies!!!!!!

Thanks in Advance
4 REPLIES 4
generic_1
Respected Contributor

We Use autosys with a series of jobs to stop the apps/databases, split the bcv, kick off data potector, start things back up, and remerge the bcv essentially. You just have to think out your timing and job dependencies. You will need basically shell scripting skills. You stop the apps and databases so you get a clean split of the bcv with good data. Remerging isnt such as big of a deal. Any other batch schedular would work too.
generic_1
Respected Contributor

Your script logic will be basic. stop my apps. Check stuff is down/else page oncall. BCV split dependent on check down. BCV check split good, kick off omniback job, Job started, start apps.
Backup done, merg BCV.

Autosys can set times, time dependencies, job depencies, catch exit codes and more.

There are other products out there but thats what im using currently on my XP and EMC sans with BCVs.

Autosys will kick off pretty much any command or script you give it.

Best of luck
rccmum
Super Advisor

Thanks Jeff for your reply..

Yes using a scheduling tool makes it easy for these kind of routine jobs.

I think you are using BC XP right?
I see the Split operations command in BC EVA as well. I don't know if it will work for EVA. I understand that split,vg import, resync etc operations are required only in XP
arrays.

rccmum
Super Advisor

Thanks