Disk Enclosures
1748022 Members
4963 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

[BIND 9.x] workaround to option 'topology' which is not implemented anymore in BIND 9.x

viseth
Occasional Advisor

[BIND 9.x] workaround to option 'topology' which is not implemented anymore in BIND 9.x

Hi all,

Does anyone know about a workaround to BIND 8.x option 'topology' which is no more implemented in bind 9.x? I need to set up that option because I can not use the DNS RTT (round trip time) to select which DNS server to query... Or maybe in BIND 9.x DNS RTT is not working as in BIND 9.x and the "RTT band" is narrower that in BIND 8.x?

Many thanks for your help!

Regards,

\Viseth

2 REPLIES 2
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: [BIND 9.x] workaround to option 'topology' which is not implemented anymore in BIND 9.x

I think that you could create a forward only zone to specify exactly the servers to query (conditional forwarding) for a specific domain.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
viseth
Occasional Advisor

Re: [BIND 9.x] workaround to option 'topology' which is not implemented anymore in BIND 9.x

Hi Ivan,

Well, the forward option is not really helping here.
The situation is that I have 2 DNS GSLB serveurs and every request matching domain.com are forwarded to one of them - ideally the one with the lowest RTT but both RTT are pretty much the same... do you have a idea of any option in BIND 9.x that would replace or do the same as 'topology' option from BIND 8.X?

many thanks,

\Viseth