1751959 Members
5813 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Booting SUSE Linux From EVA3000

mpierro
Occasional Contributor

Booting SUSE Linux From EVA3000

I have an EVA3K with VCS 3.028 and am trying to boot a Proliant DL380 with Qlogic HBA's to this array. I have created a LUN on the array with SSP to the HBA in the server (single HBA), but when I boot the server and hit ctrl Q to go into the HBA's active bios, I can see the EVA controller but not the LUN I assigned to the HBA. How can I get this LUN visible to the HBA so i can install Linux on the SAN for as a boot device?
2 REPLIES 2
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Did you enable the bios in the Configuration Options? and Save the Config? then go to boot options and scan.

Not sure what you mean by SSP. There is no "SSP" on the EVA even though the concept is very similar. Compared to the MSA where ALL Logical Drives are presented to ALL hosts by default.. the EVA presents NOTHING by default and you can only Select which hosts can see the Virtual Disks.

Does your host definition on the EVA contrin the right World Wide ID?

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
mpierro
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response. What I meant by SSP was selective storage presentation. It's part of the VCS code for "LUN masking" within the storage.

I fixed the issue. It was pilot error. I had the host definition operating system type set to "unknown". Once I chaged it to Solaris, it worked fine.

Thanks for the help!