Disk Enclosures
1748227 Members
4394 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CA: What is the relation between CU number and the SSID?

SOLVED
Go to solution
farid S
Frequent Advisor

CA: What is the relation between CU number and the SSID?

Hi,

I've read through all the user docs on CA, but When trying to register the RCU on the MCU, I'm not making the right distinction between the CU number and the SSID. So, As far As I understand, each CU contains one or more SSID ?
And that The cu number could be obtained by "xpinfo -i" command, but the SSID is obtained using the "xpinfo -c" or the SVP?
Could any one explain me the relation between the two? and if my statements above are correct ?
Any comment on how CA uses these parameters is also welcome?

Many thanks,
Farid.
2 REPLIES 2
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: CA: What is the relation between CU number and the SSID?

>>> s far As I understand, each CU contains one or more SSID ?

AFAIK, the one CU only match one SSID. The SSID is asigned when you map the first LUN to that CU. I think that SSID is a "mainframe" concept, and you only use it when you create the MCU-RCU path.

You can check the CU-SSID relationship in the Licenses Key/partition definition section (see attached screenshot). This may differ as I use HDS subsystems, but should be the same.

Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
farid S
Frequent Advisor

Re: CA: What is the relation between CU number and the SSID?

Ok, thanks for the clarifications.
I found it also that not only the Hitachi Web interface you posted is more clear, but I cannot see the same thing from my HP CV.
I was forced to go to SVP to get the exact info.

Many thanks,
Farid.