Disk Enclosures
1748171 Members
3890 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

CA pair create : How to get the S-VOL parameters ?

farid S
Frequent Advisor

CA pair create : How to get the S-VOL parameters ?

Hello,

I'm trying to create pairs between two XP arrays (128 and 10000). When you start the Paircreate operation (using Synchronous CA), you are asked for the Remote (RCU) S-VOl Information: Port number - Group - LUN. I believe that those are the RCU Port, the Host Group number and the LUN Number: is that correct?
My second question is: do I also need to create LU-Path on the RCU array to assign those S-VOLS to the host group on the RCU-Port before starting paircreation ?

Many Thanks,
Farid?
1 REPLY 1
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: CA pair create : How to get the S-VOL parameters ?

>>> Port number - Group - LUN. I believe that those are the RCU Port, the Host Group number and the LUN Number: is that correct?

Yes, that is correct. The port number for the RCU target port, the Host Group number for the destination host, and the LUN number in that host group, that hast to be exact the same size.

>>> do I also need to create LU-Path on the RCU array to assign those S-VOLS to the host group on the RCU-Port before starting paircreation ?

I don't understand very well your question, but you need to create the LUN and map it to the host group before create the pair.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?