3567 Online
108762 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CV EVA 9.1 License Error At the time of installation

Fenny_1
Super Advisor

CV EVA 9.1 License Error At the time of installation

Hi,

We have purchased CV 9.1 with EVA4400. I got the licence key from webware. Now whenever i try to install the CV from the CD which comes with my EVA, it gives me an error that the installer is not able to locate the license file. Tell me where i need to put the license key.

5 REPLIES 5
Dileep..
Trusted Contributor

Re: CV EVA 9.1 License Error At the time of installation

can you please attach the error message. Also dont try to install with automatic install feature in CD, rather browse the directory in CD and click on .exe file start cveva installation.
Fenny_1
Super Advisor

Please find attached the error screenshot
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

This is marked as "HP and Customer Viewable", so I think no problem copying it here.

Numerous causes have been identified that may cause this error. The causes and possible workaround are listed here:

1. If the account being used to install Command View does not have sufficient privileges, then the autopass installation does not succeed, and this error is the result. Verify that the account has full administrator privileges on the host.

2. If there have been changes to the default Microsoft Windows security, this can also prevent autopass from installing. The security changes can be the result of individual actions on the part of the customer, or the results of installing a security lockdown package.

If you look at the application event log, you may see an event ID of 11708 from autopass.msi which is basically a privilege violation.

The security lockdown should be removed or reversed, then install the software and re-enable the security lockdown if needed. If the security changes cannot be reversed, then Microsoft Windows may need to be re-installed to clear this issue.

3. There is a known Microsoft Windows issue where Microsoft Windows may not recognize an environment variable change until after a reboot. During the installation, you append C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hewlett-Packard\HPOvLIC\lib to the path variable. If autopass is installed (the dll exists) and the path variable contains the listed statement, then a reboot of the system should clear the error.

There are two Microsoft hotfixes that can address this issue:

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: 887693, Service does not recognize a Windows environment variable change on a Windows Server 2003-based computer

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: 951859, A program that runs under the NT Authority\System account does not recognize environment variable changes on a Windows Server 2003-based computer until you restart the computer

4. If Command View was installed to a drive other than C , autopass may have incorrect pointers and need to be reinstalled. Uninstall Command View, then verify that autopass has been completely removed. Check that the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hewlett-Packard\HPOvLIC folder has been removed. If it is still there, manually remove it. Install Command View to the default folder on the C drive. It is planned for V9 to fully support the installation to a drive other than C .

5. If autopass is already installed before Command View is installed, but there is an issue with the installation, autopass may not be updated and therefore Command View will not work. Uninstall Command View, and remove autopass as outlined in step 4.

6. Check for the presence of the autopass registry keys.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software > Hewlett Packard > HPOvLic

There are typically eight keys under this heading. If they are missing, autopass may not function correctly. Remove CV and autopass as outlined in step 4, and re-install.

hany osama
Occasional Advisor

I have the same problem with windows sever 2008 and eva 4400 with command view 9.1 but I reinstalled windows 2008 and reinstalled the command view and the error did not appeared but the storage does not able to apply the new licenses which I purchased and it appear to me that 60 Day Instant-On for HP Command View EVA so I cant activate my lic. In the EVA I tried to import this license file but it does not affect so can u help me?
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

You need the proper licenses for your array. You cannot rely on the "instant-on" license for a production system. That's intended to be able to do tests while installing the EVA.

Once you're in production, you should have the proper permanent licenses installed. If you have been gived the wrong licenses, request the correct ones.