108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CVEVA issue with Controller Event Logs

Brian Hope
Frequent Advisor

CVEVA issue with Controller Event Logs

Hi,
I have an EVA 5000 runing VCS 4.100 managed by CVEVA 8.00.02xxxxx
My Controller Event logs are blank. There is no information at all. I restarted the CV service and then created a Vdisk to test. Still nothing showing up in the log. Same is true for the Termination log as well. Management Server Event Log seems to be working correctly.
Any idea's on how to fix this and get information into the logs?
thanks,
Brian
7 REPLIES 7
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor

Brian,

Not very sure about this but if you are doing it for the first time or the EVA is too busy then it may take a while to load the events.

I am sure it sounds like dumb but just trying to help you out with my experience.

My 2 cents/
Brian Hope
Frequent Advisor

Nope, This is a long standing running EVA. Code was updated and CVEVA was updated about 3 months ago. Was working fine until recently.
Rampy(Venu)
Frequent Advisor

After upgrading the EVA4400 to XCS HP Command View EVA might not retrieve the controller logs correctly. This occurs if the controller event log sequence number is reset to zero during the upgrade. When the controller logs are not being retrieved, controller log-related entries will not be sent to the Windows application event log nor will the related WEBES callouts and SNMP traps be sent.
To determine if this issue has occurred after the upgrade, access the HP Command View EVA GUI and select View events > Controller Event Log. Compare the most recent value in the Sequence # box in the GUI to the values in the \Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Sanworks\Element
Manager for StorageWorks HSV\cache\[EVA WWN]\[EVA WWN].sceventstatefile.txt.
The [EVA WWN].sceventstatefile.txt file stores the last sequence number retrieved from the controller event log in the second value. If the second value in the [EVA WWN].sceventstatefile.txt file is larger then the value shown in the GUI, apply the following
workaround:
1. Stop the HP Command View EVA service.
2. Rename the \Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Sanworks\Element Manager for StorageWorks HSV\cache\[EVA WWN] directory to ...\[EVA WWN]_OLD.
3. Start the HP Command View EVA service.
HP Command View EVA will retrieve the controller log events that have occurred since the controller software upgrade.
If the controller log events from prior to the upgrade are needed, you must retrieve them from the previous ...\[EVA WWN]_OLD directory.

Just follow this work around it will resolve your issue.Please let me know how it goes.

Regards
Rampy
venugopal-s.naik@hp.com

Brian Hope
Frequent Advisor

Rampy,
Thanks for the information. Unfortunatly I tried what you had suggested. It didn't work. I still have no information making it into either of those 2 log files. Any other ideas?
Rampy(Venu)
Frequent Advisor

Then i think you must be using internet explorer version 7.Please update it to the latest and see the difference.Check from mozilla if possible.
If this doesnot help resolve the issue then we will also update java version.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards
Rampy
Brian Hope
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your help. I am running IE 6.x. I opened a ticket with HP and the fix was to reboot the controllers. I do appriciate your respones. Have a nice day.
Brian Hope
Frequent Advisor

Called HP support. HP back-end support suggested rebooting controllers to get logs back on line. This fixe the problem.