Disk Enclosures
1752299 Members
5370 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Call Center support for EVAs from India

W North

Call Center support for EVAs from India

Maybe this is the wrong forum, if so I appologize, but it seemed reasonable to discuss this on the array forum.
We have been having a great deal of difficulty for the past 1+ years with the HP call center in India for EVA's. They dont notify us as requested, they ignore questions, dont follow up, are very difficult to understand, etc.
We have been complaining about this for quite sometime, our local tech support and account managers have been trying to get the issue resolved. So far to no avail.
We are to the point that it will be a negative on the purchase of other HP equipment.

Anyone else having this issue ??
7 REPLIES 7
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: Call Center support for EVAs from India

Hi,

I've not personally had to log fault calls recently, however you might want to read some of the similar comments in this thread...:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1060955

Cheers,

Rob
W North

thanks Rob. I figured we werent the only ones. And as usual in issues like this it will probably not be resolved until HP or big wigs notice they are losing business which is much to late.
Jozef_Novak
Respected Contributor

This is a more general problem, I used to be having issues with server and HPUX support as well. Unfortunately, lower cost in this case, goes hand in hand with lower quality.

J.
McCready
Valued Contributor

As I've stated in another response, you must work the call yourself, as you cannot expect HP support (from whatever country) to get back to you in a timely fashion at almost all support levels. If you and the engineer cannot get together verbally, I have previously put my requests in an email, waited until they have received it, and continued from there.

Whatever you do, don't expect a lower level tech to call you back at a certain time - almost guaranteed not to happen.
check out evamgt.wetpaint.com and evamgt google group
Wickedsunny
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I am afraid that I do not agree with you all. Fist of all I would want to know about which region is this and accordingly I would suggest any customer to escalate the matter to the respective manager and the Account Support Manager.

I was a part if the EMEA team and we had a robust process to ensure that a case is followed up in a timely manner.

We guys use to get a huge number of cases. however we were stuck with some due to unavailability of logs and other information off the setup.

I would request all the customers to enlighten the priority of the cases to the engineers and include ASM's wherever required.

Support Industry in India or any other offshore location saves cost but believe me you can get a dedicated set of people working with you if you just be cooperative with them.

Hope HP support looks at this and keep upto each customer's expectation.

Regards,
Sunny
McCready
Valued Contributor

Like I said,

> I would suggest any customer to escalate the matter to the respective manager and the Account Support Manager. <

You (the customer) have to take responsibility to work your own issues to your satisfaction.

This is not so much to say that HP will not return a call in a timely matter (I have found they do more often than not), but when a call goes from shift to shift, or if you are asking a harder question that might require research, or if you log a call via ITRC, you must assume that you should call back if you want a response sooner rather than later. It is just how it works.

I also log calls with EMC, and with their support, I get apologies when they don't get back to me on the least critical calls within a day - and that is when I log it with their electronic tool!
check out evamgt.wetpaint.com and evamgt google group
gabbar
Trusted Contributor

Not all HP EVA support is in India.. I have logged cases in HP for EVAs and they usually land up in US. I had a mixed response.. some engineers were very professional and quick to respond. And some did not even care to respond even after several reminders.. One Level 2 engineer from India I spoke to was very dedicated and his advise helped us quite a lot... so really it depends on individual to individual, your expectation and kind of support contract you have.

It would be better not to generalize on basis of few incidents especially for one particular region. I don't know if you have interacted with EMC support as some of it is in India as well.. dont know if you have same opinion about them as well!!!

Its easy to complaint rather than appreciate especially on open forums. In your case it would be best to take up the issue with CSM or Area manager and work it out with them. This will be a more serious approach to resolve such issues.