1753766 Members
5404 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can not access launcher for va7400 on windows client after upgrade

Helen Herring
Frequent Advisor

Can not access launcher for va7400 on windows client after upgrade

Upgraded from CommandView 1.02 to 1.05 and now can not execute launcher using Internet Exployer on my Windows client. Receiving the following messages:
Fatal initialize error
Init error for device: host name: serial no of va7400
Init error: Initial Device Exception Failed to open target hostname: WaitFor Logon Failed NOT BOUND IN REGISTRY

Launcher on the Unix server does get to the va7400.

Anyone had this problem. Any idea as to fix?
20 REPLIES 20
David Bell_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Can not access launcher for va7400 on windows client after upgrade

Kathy,

Please try to "rediscover" the array using "armdiscover". This should resolve the problem. You can find the process in the users manual located here:

http://h200004.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/lpg28818/lpg28818.pdf

You may also find helpful information on page 189 of this manual.

HTH,

Dave
Ian Hillier
Frequent Advisor

Verify on the server that the file /opt/sanmgr/hostagent/config/access.dat has the IP of the machine you are accessing launcher from.
If you don't save this file before you upgrade I think it overwrites it.

John
Helen Herring
Frequent Advisor

The Launcher worked fine prior to the upgrade of the controller firmware and prior to the upgrade of the CommandView SDM software.
The access.dat file is as it was prior to the upgrade. We have 3 windows client machines specified in the access.dat file and all three are unable to access the va7400.
I tried the armdiscover command. I still can not get the Launcher to work from the windows client machines.
The java applet executes and the va7400 icon displays. When I move the cursor over the icon the correct information (like the serial number) is displayed for the va7400 except the status shows as unknown.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Kathy,
stop hostagent and opendial services, remove DeviceDBFile in CommandView directory, then start opendial and hostagent services and issue armdiscover
Eugeny
Helen Herring
Frequent Advisor

Eugeny,
I've tried that too - A couple of times. I just uninstalled java 1.3.1 and reinstalled. Still no luck. HELP
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Then try to create file
c:\sanmgr\hostagent\config\commIpAddr.txt
and simpy write IP address of LAN card you want to use for access then restart hostagent (this recommendation if you have more than one NIC card in the server).
Which server you have directly connected to VA - hpux or windows? Does local access work? Do you get this error in Internet Explorer?
Do you use http://server-ip:4096/Launcher.html ? What do you see if you issue http://server-ip:4096/ ?
Eugeny
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Look at this one also http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x298985079106d71190050090279cd0f9,00.html . Very good reply from Kris Rombauts
Eugeny
Helen Herring
Frequent Advisor

I've read the Trouble shooting in the CommandView SDM user's guide.
With CommandView SDM 1.02, the file commIpAddr.txt was empty, this morning I did try to add the IP address of the server(UNIX) but the launcher still does not work from the win client.
The CMD software is on a UNIX server.Yes, I can execute the launcher from the server but not from the windows client.
I've tried everything in the troubleshooting guide. No luck here.
Thanks, for the replies.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

So if you can run web-access from hpux servers and can not from windows servers I guess it's windows' problem. Try to reinstall latest java plugin (JRE - Java Runtime Environment). You may try in the following seq: remove JRE, then try web-access. I think it should ask for 'install java' and then install it by itself, but if it will not ask you install java manually. Try clearing IE cache and files (in 'Internet options'), setting it to 'check for newer versions'='every visit to the page' in 'Settings...'. BTW, do you use latest IE (at least 5.5)?
Eugeny