1748089 Members
5092 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can not see EVA4000

Rick vonR
Advisor

Can not see EVA4000

This is very odd. I have not seen this before. I have an old EVA4000 that we would like to use in the lab. I know this EVA works because we just decommissioned it last year. I know it has XCS 5 or 5.03 (something in the 5.x range). I installed CVEVA v5 on a server and the EVA will not show up in CV. I know that everything is zoned correctly because the HBAs on the CV server see all of the EVA host ports. I have also tried CV 6, 7, and 9 and none of them see the array (not that I expected them to). The original CV server that managed this array has since been baselined and is now a CV server for our newer arrays. There is no data on the array so I am not afraid to try anything. And, it is not under maint so I can not call HP.
Am I missing something simple here?
5 REPLIES 5
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hey, what's the state of the batteries? If you look physically are there any error leds on it or anything in the OCPs? Is the back-end cabled correctly?

If the newer CV server has been zoned in to see this EVA4000 with XCS 5 - it might be a good idea to zone away the newer CV server and restart/power cycle the EVA.
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If the EVA was in shutdown state for long time without removing the batteries, Batteries will be completely drained/failed.

In such cases some time your EVA will not respond for Command view queries. This has been observed with older version of XCS/VCS versions.

Make sure that batteries are health and check with either CV5 or CV6 version.
Jorge Pons
Trusted Contributor

Hi

If the batteries are in fail, you cant present vdisk, but you can see the EVA.
The question is if you have the same situation like when you have lab, for example, if you have switches before and after, becasuse the configuration could be different.

I suposed, you havent any important data in EVA, in this case, you can initilize by hsv, and try it.

Regards, Jorge
Rick vonR
Advisor

The EVA is a few continents away from me so I did not have the luxury of physically working with it. So I had someone out there implement the Micro$oft solution. When all else fails, Ctrl-Alt-Del. Or, in this case, shutdown and restart the EVA. After that, it showed up in CV. Go figure. BTW, the cache batteries were all operational and charged.

Thanks for the replies. Points awarded.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Good one :-) just like in the it crowd