6067 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can not see Vdisk of EVA3000 after long time shutdown

Hoang Minh Tuan
Regular Advisor

Can not see Vdisk of EVA3000 after long time shutdown

Hi all,

Due to some reasons, I have shutted down my EVA3000 for quite long time.
Today, I power on this device but the LED before EVA display low battery. Server can not see Vdisk after ioscaning disk.

I used command insf -e to reinstall device file and ioscan -f but server still can not see Vdisk in EVA3000.

I thing if Controller be lost configuation in NVRAM, it can recover configuration from disks in disk array so that it work normally.

Indeed need your solution and suggestion,
Thanks all,
HMT
Bus wait at bus station, Work wait at my work station
4 REPLIES 4
Govinda_1
Valued Contributor

Re: Can not see Vdisk of EVA3000 after long time shutdown

hi,

are u able to see Vdisk inthe SMA (Applience Manager) just check if the storage is detected in the Applience Manager.

REgards
Govind.
Hoang Minh Tuan
Regular Advisor

I can't initialize SMA but I am sure that there 's no any actions to delete Vdisk becuase only I manage this device.
Bus wait at bus station, Work wait at my work station
Govinda_1
Valued Contributor

fine, u need to check if the vdisk is visible/storage is visible at the SMA, if not u need to Discover the storage, thats should solve your problem.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The EVA's configuration is stored on the disks, not in the controllers. You can power down an EVA, replace both controllers and after applying power again, the system should come up fine.

If you power up the controllers without any disks attached, they will simply enter the WWN setup dialogue. You could then power down, reattach the disks and after booting the controllers again, they will come up fine. I've once tried it on a test system.

Most likely, yours is a battery problem. Wait some time to see if they charge - the EVA should then allow access to the vdisks. If it doesn't do that after, let's say 8 hours, you should call your service provider to replace the batteries.