New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can't see any connection on HSG80

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi Paul,

Do you have another SAN switch that you do know the admin password for ?

If yes, then there's a utility on Brocade's website that will allow you to reset the passwords - assuming that the version of FabricOS on the locked out switch is high enough... I'll dig out the details later.

If you don't have another SAN switch, then the only way is to get hold of a special switch specific firmware from Brocade (probably via HP) that allows the passwords to be defaulted. However, if your switch is out of support, then getting hold of this firmware can be difficult - if impossible in my experience.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
Paul Tao
Frequent Advisor

Yes, I have another switch which I've password. Its firmware version is 2.6.0. And I the FW CD.

The FW for the siwtch without password is 2.6.0c and 2.6.0h.But I remember firmwareDownload can only be done after login. Is there any way to do firmware update while bypass login?
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

OK. You can get the PasswordReset utility here:

http://www.brocadeconnect.com/content/Connect%20with%20Users/Share%20Scripts%20and%20Utilities/passwordReset.jsp?cat_id=66669472

This will however require a login onto the Brocade Connect website - these are free though. Just register with the WWN of one of your switches.

However the minimum firmware version is listed as 2.6.0d. I'm not sure from your last post whether you have this or not...

If you are lower, it is possible to boot the SAN switch from firmware on an FTP server. However I'm not sure whether this will allow you to reset the passwords...

Cheers,

Rob
Paul Tao
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for all your suggestions, esp Rob's step by step help. It's zoning configuration preventing connecting.

Paul Tao
Frequent Advisor

After deleting zoning, it's OK.