Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot start GUI interface for CommandView SDM

Paul J. Ledbetter, II
Frequent Advisor

Cannot start GUI interface for CommandView SDM

Greetings,
I had Commandview SDM loaded, running, and accessible via GUI interface before an IP address change. After the IP address change, when I run http://:4096/Launcher.html, I get "Error getting database reference from ". When I run "http://:4096/cmdviewVA.html?:,", I get
"Fatal Initialization Error"
"Init error for device::"
"Init error:Initial Device Exception"
"Failed to open target :WaitForLogon Failed NOT BOUND IN REGISTRY

My client IP address is in access.dat
My /etc/hosts file has the right host/loopback entries
rc.config.d/netconf is correct

What else do I need to check? Is there a licensing file I need to check?
I may not know everything, but I'm working on it...
2 REPLIES
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Re: Cannot start GUI interface for CommandView SDM

Hi,

It seems that the ip-address change was done at the server side. Did you restart the "dial" and "HA" hostagents?

"NOT BOUND IN REGISTRY" error usually appears if client components cannot successfully login to server components on account on account of access conflicts.
This error is documented as :

"Not Bound in Registry" error

The "Not Bound in Registry" message may occur when software client components cannot successfully login to server components. This is a common problem with dual-homed hosts. A dual-homed machine can be defined as a host computer that services two different networks. The file /opt/sanmgr/hostagent/config/commIpAddr.txt needs to be created and contain the IP address of the network interface card (NIC) for the server to utilize.
It is also possible to see this error in some configurations when using the Web interface. When trying to access the Web server, the applet appears to start but immediately gives a "Not Bound in Registry" error. This problem can be caused by different conditions, but most often, it is the result of an incompatible configuration. Identify the versions of Netscape and the Java plug-ins. If these are not the versions as stated earlier, it may not work with the version of software being used.
It may be necessary to remove the plug-in, remove Netscape and reinstall. Be especially careful to remove all Netscape components, and any Java plug-in components. Once the system is "clean, reinstall the software beginning with Netscape. Verify that the option for MOZILLA_HOME is pointing to the correct location where Netscape is installed.

As stated above , you need to verify if the problem exist at server or client side.
Paul J. Ledbetter, II
Frequent Advisor

Re: Cannot start GUI interface for CommandView SDM

HP Support gave me the solution. There is a file /etc/opt/sanmgr/hostagent/config/commIpAddr.txt that contained as its sole entry, the old IP address of the server. I entered the net IP address and I can now connect.

Thanks for your help!
I may not know everything, but I'm working on it...