4700 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cannot view logical disks on DS2300

Victor_101
Regular Advisor

Cannot view logical disks on DS2300

Hi guys
I have a SCSI 4Si on my rp2470 card which is as you know 4 port SCSI.
I connected a DS2100 to channel 0 and a DS 2300 to channel 1.
Today we had some issues with the network adapter on the same 'daughter board' and just removed and put the hardware in and boom.. started geting a fault on the system that was not letting it boot. After some testing , I found that I cannot put the DS2100 back to Channel 0 , instead I had to move it to Channel 2 and then only does the system boot. So now the disks on channel 2 are all READY meaning that they dont have the original RAid configuration but Channel 0 is still showing FAILED disks in the same slots.
While the DS2300 disks on channel 1 were also showing FAILED, but as I have done in the past with these, I just changed their state with the IRM to ONLINE, but unlike in the past , they still don't show up in the ioscan for disks.
Somebody please HELP ASAP.
3 REPLIES 3
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: Cannot view logical disks on DS2300

So are we to understand that the boot drive resides on the DS2100? Or will the system boot without the DS2100?
If so, I would write down the configuration shown, which drives in which configuration position so you can select it again exactly the same. Remove everything, clear the RAID configuratiom. Reconnect everything the way it was to start (channel 0 and 1) and force the card to read the configuration from the drives(if it hasn't been distrupted). You may have to recreate it exactly as it was, but don't initialize (this will distroy the existing data) If the data still there, you should be able to reboot and the data will be there.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Victor_101
Regular Advisor

Thanx E4Services,
But i fixed the problem , was just a case of bad connector on the cable, I plugged in another cable and all is fine.
THanx again for ur time.. ur reply..

vic
Victor_101
Regular Advisor

read my previous posting for reason of closing this thread.