8218 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Capacity error when adding disk group to XP24000

DJMC
Regular Advisor

Capacity error when adding disk group to XP24000

Hi all,
I am trying to add 1TB of disk group to XP24K and I get an error saying that the capacity of program product became insufficient because of installation of PDEV. It dosent say which PP.
Both Array manager and OPen Volume Manager has 9TB licence. There is currently only approx 2TB of storage in array.

The error code manual simply says to "nstall the program product whose permissible
capacity is insufficient, and retry."

As far as I can tell I have enough licence installed.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Re: Capacity error when adding disk group to XP24000

Hi,
can you post the exact error message content/number pls?
the pain is one part of the reality
DJMC
Regular Advisor

Hi,
The excetct error reads

[INS30328]
The maximum permissible capacity of program product became insufficient because of installation of PDEV.

I looked this up in the RWC error codes manual and it just says to install the licence. as I have said above there are 9TB of array manager and 9TB of Open Volume manager licences installed and only a total of 2 TB disk installed, (1TB internal and 1TB external). The capacity info on the licence screen says that Total capacity is 1.16TB so there should have plenty of licence available. There is also 65TB external storage licence. Am I missing some thing here?

DJMC
Regular Advisor

All,
Thankyou for your replys to this. I have now found a solution. It turns out that there was 2TB of Mainframe licence installed on the system from when it was shipped dfrom factory. Eventhough the Open system licences where correct amount because the MF was not the system would not let me install the disks. To resolve the problem I removed all MF licences as this is an OS site only.

Thanks again for your help.