6089 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Changing EVA name online ?

Mawuse
Frequent Advisor

Changing EVA name online ?

Hi,

1- I have an EVA 4000 in full production. Are there any serious consequences in changing the EVA name ? Is there any precaution I can take to safely change the name without affecting the production environment ?

2- What precautions can I take to change the SAN management appliance computer name ?

3- Is it possible to merge two disk groups ?

Regards,
Mawuse
4 REPLIES 4
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

Hi,

1) you can change the name online, just be carefull if you use sssu with scripts that use this name

2) This depends on the commandview version that you are running

3) No you have to delete one and add the disks to the other diskgroup
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Mawuse:

For quesition 2... in the OSM on the SMA there is a configuration page. You change the name of the appliance there and it takes 2 reboots to complete. Make sure you perform the action fro ma remote Web Browser as it updates you during the process, otherwise you will never know when it is complete.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Mawuse
Frequent Advisor

Thank you very much.
I changed the name of the EVA.

I am using EVA 4.1.
After changing the computer name of the management server command View EVA says it cannot manage the server because it is managed by another host.
What can I do to effectively change the computer name of the SMA and also prevent the CMViewEVA from pointing at the old or original computer name ?

Regards,
Mawuse
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

If you successfully changed the hostname, then all you need to do it click the button in Command View to take control of the EVA.

There should be a button on that page where you see the warning letting you know that a previous server is "managing" the EVA. Simply click the left button ( i think it is left, haven;t seen CV4.x in a while now).

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)