Re: Command View EVA 8.0 vdisk creating issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Zgjim Kolgeci
Occasional Advisor

Command View EVA 8.0 vdisk creating issue

Hi,

I'm expereincing a strange issue with HP Command View EVA 8.0

When I'm trying to create a vdsik on CV i get error that "the capacity of CV license required for this oparation has been consumed"

Attached also you have print screen taken from Command View

Could please someone tell waht could be the issue.

Tahnk you
Zgjimi
10 REPLIES 10
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

You have run out of the capacity of your Command View license. Command View is licensed by capacity. If you are managing more disk that you have a license for then you will get this error. You have two choices, buy more LTU for Command View or remove some disk. Go to this URL and look on the right side for "CV EVA Licensing".

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storage/software/cmdvieweva/index.html

Rick vonR
Advisor

Have you just upgraded to CV 8? If you were on a version of CV prior to version 7 and then upgraded to version 7 or greater, you will need a new CV license. If you have support on your EVA then you might be able to get this as part of your support agreement. If not, you may have to purchase a license. What does it show when you click on the license tab? See attached screenshot.
Zgjim Kolgeci
Occasional Advisor

Dear All,

Thank you for replays

The issue is that i have 1.6 TB capacity on Storage system and I've 1 TB License..

For that reason I've removed from disk group 6 drives and made 1 TB = 1024 GB capacity..

The strange situation is that the minimum number of disks on disk group is 8 and even with 8 drives with 146 GB if i install my 1 TB license i get the error that license capacity exceeded.

And also i can not remove more disk drives on disk group because the minimum number of disk groups is 8..

Mayby I'm doing somthing wrong during licensing or I've missed something because this is first time that I'm geting this issue.

Waiting on your replays,

Best regards,
Zgjimi
Zgjim Kolgeci
Occasional Advisor

...and also i didn't upgrade form any other version...

I've installed first time installation Command view eva 8.0...
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

When you install CV V8 or V9 for the first time you get an "instant-on all-functions-enabled unlimited" 'demo/trial' license for 60 days.
Zgjim Kolgeci
Occasional Advisor

Dear Uwe Zessin
Thank you for reply,

I've used 60 days instant-on all-functions-enabled unlimited" 'demo/trial' license and everything worked fine..

The 60 days license has passed and i didn't install license during this period but I've make the install after 60 days... this happened because of some problems that we had..

When I've deleted vdisks after installing licens, and removed some disks from disk group now i have the error that I've consumed the license...

what I'm thinking is that I maybe could delete/remove command view eva 8.0 and make a fresh install..

Waiting on your advice on this..
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

CV-EVA leaves information on the system so that a reinstallation does not give you back the demo license. You should be able to get in touch with HP and ask for a time-limited 'emergency license' which allows you to fix the system before you can sort out the official licenses.
Zgjim Kolgeci
Occasional Advisor

Dear Uwe Zessin

I've conntacted HP regarding my problem..

I'm waiting for them..and if I have any update I'll post here..

Regards,
Zgjimi
Zgjim Kolgeci
Occasional Advisor

Dear All

Regarding my reported issue for CV License problem the only confirmation that I've got from HP Support was that I've to buy additional license..so the only solution is to buy another 1TB License..

The problem is that my 1 TB license doesn't cover my 8x 146GB HDD Capacity..

to be more clear 8x 146Gb Capacity = 1096GB Raw Capacity

My license is for 1024 GB Raw Capacity..

Case closed

Regards,
Zgjimi