Disk Enclosures
1753380 Members
5596 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Command View EVA: "No storage systems are visible to this management server"

Sven Koos
Occasional Advisor

Command View EVA: "No storage systems are visible to this management server"

Our configuration:
- Host: Windows Server 2008 R2; Emulex HBA LP9802; Emulex OneCommand installed; EVA Command View 9.2 installed
- FC Switch: HP 2/16
- Controller: 2x HSV110
- Storages: 2xM5214 with 2 FC I/Os

Situation:
- FC is running; FC name service shows both controllers and HBA
- controller installed with same WWN and checksum, no password
- Zoning is configured
- Storages connected to HSV controllers (storage 1 to controller 1, storage 2 to controller 2; no redundancy)

Problem:
- Emulex OneCommand shows link down to the fabric even the HBA LEDs and the FC switch shows online status with 2G
- Command View EVA shows "No storage systems are visible to this management server" after discovery
12 REPLIES 12
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Command View EVA: "No storage systems are visible to this management server"

Did you check if the switch see both, array and server and the EVA can see the server?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Sven Koos
Occasional Advisor

Thank You for fast response.

The switch can see the controllers with the unique WWN and the HBA in the server (checked with Web interface).

From server side the Emulex OneCommander shows me a "Link Down" of the HBA (I can't understand it) but connected to this the (unique) port WWN of the controllers.

What do You mean with "and the EVA can see the server". I don't know any other possible diagnosis then from FC switch und FC HBA side.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

When you configure the hosts on EVA you should see the WWN of the CV server too.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Sven Koos
Occasional Advisor

When you configure the hosts on EVA you should see the WWN of the CV server too.

I went through the EVA installation guide and though there is a single point of configuration for the arrays in the CV. This starts with the dicovery (and fails). Is there an additional configuration point ("configure the hosts on EVA ...")?
Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

Try setting the HBA's to be forced to 2GB instead of Auto. Also, make sure the HBA is set to Point-to-point fabric. Make sure you have the Storport drivers installed as well as the MPIO/DSM drivers. These drivers can be downloaded at:

Storport: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=3185350&swItem=co-83126-1&prodNameId=1833540&swEnvOID=4064&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=3
MPIO/DSM: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=421492&prodNameId=421494&swEnvOID=4064&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=co-84060-1

Phil
Once it's in production it's all bugs after that.
Sven Koos
Occasional Advisor

I've changed the port settings on FC switch and HBA side to 2G.

I've changed the HBA driver parameter Topology to F_Port Fabric.

The StorPort driver from Emulex was installed (the driver from HP could not be installed: message during installation regarding the an already installed driver).
I've installed the MPIO/ DSM driver from HP and restarted the host system.
At the end without success. Still no storage ressources visible in the Command View EVA.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi!

You can try to run the command "cvutil paths" from the command view directory. That should show you if the server can see the storage.
If it can't see any storage devices then yes, your server cannot see the EVA over fc.
You can also check device manager and in there if it's working you should see "HSV controller devices".

What do you mean with "- Storages connected to HSV controllers (storage 1 to controller 1, storage 2 to controller 2; no redundancy)"?

How is your zoning configured?
Do you have a zone for the CV server and both controllers? Has it been enabled?

Has this ever worked?
Do you have any other fc targets that the server could view over the SAN?
Do you have any other servers or HBAs?
Sven Koos
Occasional Advisor

cvutil paths and cvuti luns give no information back (only new line).

The device manager of the CV server doesn't show any "HSV controller devices".

The storages (I/O A and B) are connected to the DP ports of the HSV controllers (1A, 1B); no cross connection; no redundancy.

I've 1 zone configured and enabled (checked by telnet to the FC switch) for the ports 0-4. The CV server and the HSV controllers are connected to ports 0, 1, 2.

This is a complete new and standalone installation. There are no other devices or hosts connected to the FC.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

The storages (I/O A and B) are connected to the DP ports of the HSV controllers (1A, 1B); no cross connection; no redundancy.

You need to connect your SAN to the FP ports.
The DP ports are where you connect the disk enclosures.

With storages - do you mean the disk enclosures?

How are the FP ports connected? To your SAN?