Disk Enclosures
1753297 Members
7406 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Command View EVA: "No storage systems are visible to this management server"

Sven Koos
Occasional Advisor

Re: Command View EVA: "No storage systems are visible to this management server"

The HSV controllers are connected to the FC switch via the FP parts.

The disc enclosures are connected via the A and B I/O modules to the DP ports (1A, 1B) of the HSV controllers.

Starting the HSV controllers the disks in the enclosures are reacting in phase "discovering disk" of the controller.

The FC switch can see the HSV controllers and the HBA (checked with Web interface).

So for me the communication from disk enclosures to HSV controllers to FC switch looks o.k.

The problem is the HBA in the CV server and the connectivity to the FC switch.

I'm thinking about deinstallation of the OneCommand tool and StorPort driver from Emulex replacing it with the StorPort driver from HP.
Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

You should not be using the Storport driver from Emulex. You SHOULD be using the storport driver from HP. Does your FC switch show the port as being logged into the fabric?
Once it's in production it's all bugs after that.
Sven Koos
Occasional Advisor

I`ve already deinstalled the Emulex software components and tried to install the HP driver. The HP install program terminates the installation due to an already installed driver of the same version.

"logged into the fabric": I can see the connected host in the FC name services and the port data, e.g. in the zone configuration wizard.