108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Command View EVAPerf with CV 7.01

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alice Seeley
Frequent Advisor

Command View EVAPerf with CV 7.01

Does anyone use the eva perf with the graphical interface? My customer is able to run many commands from the command line and get good information. He also wants to use Windows Perfmon to get the graphical data. When he uses it, it doesn't see the EVA's but sees cpu's etc.
13 REPLIES 13
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Command View EVAPerf with CV 7.01

Hello Alice,

a presented Vdisk from an EVA is a physical disks for Windows, so you need to use the physical disk counters. There are different counters, so you should play with it to see what kind of data each counter delivers.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

> it doesn't see the EVA's but sees cpu's etc

Normal behaviour of perfmon. He has to add the EVA performance counters manually.
Alice Seeley
Frequent Advisor

thanks to both of you. Is there any kind of documentation to know how to set this up? I think I need to get myself up to speed to assist the customer. Is there documentation that comes in with Command View?
Alice Seeley
Frequent Advisor

He is looking for EVA related statistics, such as controller throughput etc. How do I add EVA performance counters manually?? Currently I am unable to get any EVA related counters under Performance Object selection. Really could use some good ideas here!
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I have attached a screenshot that shows which counters I see on my system (with CV-EVA V6). Maybe EVAperf is not installed on the customer's system - do you see any files in:
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\EVA Performance Monitor
Brad Gabrielse
Occasional Advisor

I am working with another customer. Same scenario. CommandView EVA v7.01. None of the EVA Performance Objects display in Windows PerfMon. EVAperf is installed because we can access it via CLI. The entire CommandView suite had been installed, uninstalled, and re-installed several times.
Kenneth Bruner

Help anyone? Exact same issue. No perfmon counters showing. Everperf works fine from the commandline.
Randy Burkhard

Alice
I am having the same exact problem as you describe. We have the same CV7.01. It is a Storage server we have in this environment for the SMA. We just uninstalled and reinstalled CV no changes. Have you resolved your issues as of today April 23,08?

We are thinking of trying CV 6 to see if we could possibly get this to work. CV 8 ? dont know if I want to try yet.
Regards Randy
Alice Seeley
Frequent Advisor

I also had issues that showed no eva information. That was when I was informed that the commandline would capture information but still didn't show host port information. I was told it was an issue with 64bit systems and that it was not really noted anywhere that it didn't work correctly on 64bit systems.This was after I escalated to the windows team in coordination with storage. I find it disappointing that this is the performance tool we tell the customer about in commandview yet it is certainly not user friendly.