1752587 Members
4348 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Command View Version 8.0 or 9.1

Del_3
Trusted Contributor

Command View Version 8.0 or 9.1

I upgraded Command View to 9.1 from 8.0. I did not uninstall 8.0. The installation seemed to go fine but now CV Help says Command View 8.0. SSSU / EMVERSION shows SSSU is 9.1 but the Element Manager is 8.0. Add Remove says its 9.1.0.17.

Any body else seen this? I assume its really 9.1 thats installed. Here is the SSSU / EMVERION output.

SSSU for HP StorageWorks Command View EVA
Version: 9.1.0
Build: 050509A

Manager:localhost
Username:administrator
Password:

NoSystemSelected> emversion

Element manager information (at localhost)
Version: 8.00
Build: 080215
NoSystemSelected>
9 REPLIES 9
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

you should uninstall CV before you install a new version. I would recommend to uninstall the whole software and re-install it from scratch.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Del_3
Trusted Contributor

Yes I normally do that but the Release Notes say it can be upgraded.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled at your suggestion. The reinstall made a mess of the installed licenses. See attached. In addition one of the EVA 4400's now shows a failed controller. The CV help file still shows CV 8. Emversion however now correctly reports 9.1.

Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hi,

the licenses are stored on the EVA, no in CV. It's possible that this are only the demo licenses that are included in each new installation of CV.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

> It's possible that this are only the demo licenses
> that are included in each new installation of CV.

But the instant-on license shows an expiration on 8-SEP-2008 (=last year).

Del, what is the history of this system?

T3724-70002 is a time-limited "demo license" which is sometimes given out when something went wrong with the regular license delivery. Maybe this system never received a proper CV license!

Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello Uwe,

you're right, I missed the old date, saw only 2009. :)

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Rampy(Venu)
Frequent Advisor

Hi Del no need to worry about that display in help.I had the same issue and got cleared automatically.After few login's it will show correct version.

In help display whatever is dispalyed on the top right is correct.But on the main display it still shows 8.0 only.

try restarting cv service or login 3 times and let us know the status.

No need to uninstall/reinstall for this issue.
Del_3
Trusted Contributor

This is a lab demo system with demo / NFR licenses, but everything was green before the CV 9.1 uninstall. And the EVA4400 controller shows a hardware error now. There is something else going on here.
Del_3
Trusted Contributor

Looks like HP changed the way NFR licenses are shown in CV. I exported all licenses. Upgraded again to 9.1 and re-applied all keys. They now show an expiration in the appropriate amount of time. But they no longer show a green status as before in CV 8.x.

Thanks again all.
Bill Beardshaw
Occasional Advisor

Had the same issue. Upgraded from 8.x to 9.1 and the help screen displayed 8.0. Cleared my Internet Explorer cache and the problem was fixed.