5352 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Command View in VM only seeing one EVA Controller

OliverAn
Advisor

Command View in VM only seeing one EVA Controller

Hi,

I have an EVA6100 direct-attached to an ESXi 5.0 Host. I have presented the controller device to a VM running Command View 10.0. I can see the EVA an can manage it, but I see only one controller and cannot e.g. perform code load.

The ESX Host has two paths to the EVA, everything fine here.

Any ideas on this?

1 REPLY 1
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: Command View in VM only seeing one EVA Controller

Hi,

P6000 Compatibility Reference says:

"VMware virtual machine (where HP P6000 Command View is installed on a Server hardware requirement: VMDirectPath supports a direct device connection for virtual machines running on Intel Xeon 5500 systems, which feature an implementation of the I/O memory management unit (IOMMU) called Virtual Technology for Directed I/O (VT‐d). If you are using VMDirectPath, the VMware virtual machine must be an HP Windows guest operating system) ProLiant G6 (or later) server, which supports VT-d. For HBA support with VMDirectPath, see the Single Point of Connectivity Knowledge (SPOCK) website (http://www.hp.com/storage/spock). To access SPOCK, see Table 7.0. "

There's more info in that reference as well.

There used to be a limitation (9.3 I think) that evaperf wasn't working well in a VM because it only saw one path to the EVA.