New Discussion юеВ

Command view EVA upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Fenny_1
Super Advisor

Command view EVA upgrade

Hi,

I am accessing my command view EVA via IP on management module the present version of CV EVA is Command View EVA V9.01.00 Build 090604 now i want to upgrade to latest CV EVA 9.2.

Kindly tell me the steps of upgrade keeping in mind that i dont have CV EVA installed on server.
8 REPLIES 8
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: Command view EVA upgrade

Hey, do you have CV EVA 9.2 installation media?
If not, you probably have to contact HP to get that.

Patch 9.2.1 you can find here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=4059271тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=471497

CV Manuals you can find here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=101&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=471497

---

From the 9.2 release notes I read this:

Installation and upgrade requirements

For supported HP Command View EVA upgrade paths, see Table 2.1. ├в HP Command View EVA upgrade support├в , in the HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array Compatibility Reference. For complete information on requirements and installation and upgrade procedures, see the HP StorageWorks Command View EVA Installation Guide.
Fenny_1
Super Advisor

I went through the installation guide and there i found the steps to upgrade the CV if it's installed on a server but in my case am acessing CV EVA from management module.

So i need to have to steps for the upgrade from management module
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

It's not in the WOCP user guide.

What about on page 21 in the installation guide? That tells you how to install it.

HP StorageWorks Command View v9.3 ABM Zip format (T5494-10025.zip) -> this is the download

ABM - array based management = management module.

See this link:

http://www11.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en&docId=emr_na-c02041317
Al-Elm
Occasional Advisor

Thanks i got the idea to upgrade, but now am unable to find the link to download CV EVA 9.2, the link availble at HP site is for CV 9.2.1 but i can't directly upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2.1.

As per the compatibility guide first i need to upgrade to 9.2 then 9.2.1.

If anyone can send me the link for downloading 9.2, i'll be very thankfull
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

You need to contact HP Support to get that, it's not publicly available anymore (as far as I know).
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

May I ask why you want to install CV 9.2 and not the latest 9.3?

CV 9.3 can be installed on a Windows server and the EVA4400 management module.
Al-Elm
Occasional Advisor

Hi Ventor,

I don't know about CV 9.3, is it possible to upgrade directly to 9.3 keeping in mind that currently am on CV9.1
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Command View 9.3 can be used with all EVA models if they have a supported firmware. It's the recommended version now.

There's no need to do intermediate steps when upgrading from one CV version to another. All information is stored on the EVA. You can uninstall a CV version and install another and nothing will be lost. The new version will connect to the EVA and read all the information from there.

When upgrading Command View, make sure the folder c:\Program files\Hewlett Packard\SanWorks\Element Manager for Storageworks HSV\cache is deleted before installing the new version.