4101 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Command view does not detect the EVA

Hasan_9
Regular Advisor

Command view does not detect the EVA

Hello,

I installed CV on windows 2003. This server has just one HBA (with one port). I entered EVA's WWN and did not set password for it. I connected everything to one SAN switch (EVA and CV’s server). I opened the CV but it cannot detect the EVA, I try some more time with discover button but it did not work at all. What should I do? Please advice.
8 REPLIES 8
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Re: Command view does not detect the EVA

Do you have zoning enabled on your switch? Output of 'switchshow' will give you that. Do the switchports that you expect to be 'online' have that status in 'switchshow'?
Devender Khatana
Honored Contributor

Hi,

This simply seems to be the improper communication issue. Try changing host-switch FC cable and check SAN switches for any sort of zones.

HTH,
Devender
Impossible itself mentions "I m possible"
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

Make sure the management server is able to communicate with the master eva controller.
To check which controller is master: on ocp, go to versions....vcs or xcs version...
check cabling and zonesettings.
Masterfunction switches betwen controllers after a controller reboot for instance.

Leon
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hello Hasan,

is there a link LED on the port of the SAN switch where the HBA is connected? Can you check if the HBA drivers are correctly installed on the Server?
Go to Device Manager, there should be an entry for it under SCSI/RAID controllers. You should also see at least 2 (more likely 4) entries for the EVA HSV200 Controller under SCSI/RAID Controllers, too.

Regards,
Stephen
gurdeep_2
Frequent Advisor

You have to ensure your HBA is compatible with your EVA Controllers.
If you have WS2003, ensure you have Service Pack 1.
Devender Khatana
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If it is EVA4000 than there is some known issue and to resolve the same you have to change some registry parameters. The issue was there with Q-Logic HBAs.

Is this your case?

HTH,
Devender
Impossible itself mentions "I m possible"
Hasan_9
Regular Advisor

Thank you All,

gurdeep,
Is there any list that I can check my HBA is compatible with EVA4000?

Devender,
Yes it is an EVA 4000. Would you please let me to know some more about the issue?

Leon,
I did not understand how to check the connectivity with master controller. Also I did not understand how to recognize which controller is master.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Hasan,

- just tell us which type of Fibre Channel adapter (HBA) you have. Those of us who know how to read the list can immediately give advice and knowing the type allows us to give better troubleshooting tips.

- there is a general problem with a registry setting for QLogic adapters. My experience is that this does not prevent the server from 'seeing' the EVA, but the initialization does not finish correctly and communication is lost afterwards.

- don't bother with which is the master controller - it is sufficient if you make sure that the adapter has access to both EVA controllers. CV-EVA is smart enough to talk to the right one ;-)

Can you use the adapter BIOS to scan for the EVA?