108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CommandView SDM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Learn_1
Regular Advisor

CommandView SDM

running HP-UX11i on rp7410.DS2300 is connected with the server via RAID4 Si controller. i want to monitor and manage the disk system by using CommandView SDM.I have installed this and configured this software.when i run the command JBODdsp -i hostname,the result is not what is required.instead of displaying the disk system 2300,it only shows the local system disks.the commandview sdm version is 1.06.00 and all the required pre-requisits are installed.i just want to enquire whether it is because of disk system 2300 is connected via RAID controller4 Si instead of local SCSI controller or is there any other reason.whether this sioftware is for virtual arrays or disk system2300 can also be monitored and managed by using this software.i have manualyy run the armdiscover conmmand so that the software rescan for the disk system but the result is same i.e. only local system disk are shown.
2 REPLIES 2
Jerome Baron
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: CommandView SDM

no you can't monitor your device with CV SDM. For this device you can use IRM.

Regards,
Jerome
Learn_1
Regular Advisor

Re: CommandView SDM

Thanks Jerome,
So its mean that for this purpose i can not use CVSDM.is this because of the RAID controller card or is this software is only for the Virtual Arrays and disk system can not be monitored by using this software.
PLease confirm