New Discussion юеВ

Compaq Smartarray 3200 and windows 2000 installation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Phil Hamilton
Occasional Advisor

Compaq Smartarray 3200 and windows 2000 installation

Hello,

I'm trying to install windows 2000 server on a Proliant 2500 with a Smartarray 3200 card and 2 4.3gb drives and 3 18.2gb drives. I need to configure an array, but i have no software to do so, can you direct me to software for setting up an array before installing windows?
4 REPLIES 4
Bill Faulk
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: Compaq Smartarray 3200 and windows 2000 installation

You need to get SmartStart 5.5. This is the last version which will support servers which require a hard disk partition be created for the utilities; this as opposed to storing the utilities in ROM.

You can get 5.5 from:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/smartstart/index.html

You will also want the Windows 2000 support pack for the driver and software updates. If you unpack this bundle and run setup.exe a utility shows you the installed vs available versions of what is available to install; run this and not the batch file.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/17675.html

I hope this helps!
Phil Hamilton
Occasional Advisor

Sorry if this isn't allowed, but is there anyway to download smartstart? Or am i going to have to buy it, and wait?
Bill Faulk
Occasional Advisor

SmartStart 5.5 isn't available for download that I could find. I just had to order it and wait. If you purchase the software maintenance version of SmartStart 7, which wouldn't work with a Proliant 2500, then I believe you can get CD images online. But, they didn't have a download image for 5.5 when I checked.
Phil Hamilton
Occasional Advisor

Alright, maybe i could try to get the one that came with this. But i think i'll just order it anyway. Thanks for your help