1753486 Members
4540 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Configuring Raid 0+1 in netserver LH3

Jouko Laapio

Configuring Raid 0+1 in netserver LH3

Hi !
I need to configure raid 0+1 with 6*9 gb drives in netserver lh3. Is it possible in 1 channel ?

There is an integrated Netraid 2 channel controller in LH3. We are using only one channel.

Anyone can send me information how to do it. I have tried almost everything.

Thank You !
2 REPLIES 2
GerardDijkstra
HPE Pro

Re: Configuring Raid 0+1 in netserver LH3

First of all I should discourage you to use RAID0. You will be putting your data at risk for the sake of slightly better performance. I'm not sure what you mean by RAID0+1, if it's the same as RAID 10 then you can only use 4 of the 6 disks you have because you're striping (RAID 0) two mirror sets (2 x RAID1).
If RAID0+1 is 5 disks in RAID0 and a hotspare then the hotspare is useless if a disk in the RAID0 set dies. RAID0 is striping without redundancy; if 1 disk is gone then the whole RAID set is gone.
My suggestion is to use a RAID5 on the 6 disks. This should be full redundancy with the best average read/write performance.

Accept or Kudo

Franco Cenati
Valued Contributor

Re: Configuring Raid 0+1 in netserver LH3

Hi what you can configure is a RAID 10.
That means the you will lose 50% of your disk space. so you have 6 x 9.1 GB disks.
With RAID 10 you will have only 27GB of usable space.

to do that you must:
boot Navigator CD
Start NetRAID Assistant
start the Wizard
create one array with 2 disks, create a second array with 2 disks , then a third array again with 2 disks.
When you start the configurazion of the first Logical Disc #0, you should have a small option just below the Logical Disk size 8676MB. If you check the box "Span array", the logical Drive size will change to about 26000MB. If you accept that configuration you have a Logical Disk RAID10 made by 3 array.
3 disks will contains data, 3 disks are the mirrors. The performance are better than a RAID 1 or a lot better than a RAID5 of 6 disks but you lose 50% of your disks's space.

Franco