Disk Enclosures
1752580 Members
4384 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configuring raid 10

Dave Heermans

Configuring raid 10

Im trying to configure a raid 10 on a LH3000 netserver. I have 12 18.1G HDU's. I cant seem to configure raid lvls 10 or higher. I know its supported on a LH3000. Can anyone tell me the procedure on how to create the raid 10?
2 REPLIES 2
Enes Dizdarevic
Honored Contributor

Yes, it is possible to create raid10 (I supose you are using onboard netraid adapter) but procedure is litle bit confusing. Using config tool (netraid assistent) you have to create spanned raid1 (spanned raid1 is raid10). Start configuration wizard and begin creating raid1 (select two physical disks for raid1 and click accept array). At this moment you may see that checkbox "span array" is greyed (unavailable). DO NOT CLICK NEXT (or continue) button but select next two disks and create another raid1. At this moment you will see that checkbox "span array" is available. Check this checkbox and continue adding others raid1. After you have created all raid1 you may click next button and finish configuration. The result will be one spanned array (raid10).
Dave Heermans

Tnx it worked i think, just one weird thing. i made one logical drive with all 12 drives and when i look with the navigator assistant is says 104GB so that should be ok. In unix it also says 104GB, but when i look in the netraid bios it says 69GB and 4 drives are ready and not online. The same happens when i start megamgr in unix, it says 69GB. I read in the manual that the netraid assistand will try to span up to 4 arrays, since i used 12 drives i had 6 arrays. Wich of these two should i believe? I pulled out a disk that was ready and inserted another drive, and it did rebuild the drive. So can i trust the configuration or not?