New Discussion юеВ

Re: Connecting SUN E6900 to EVA8000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dean Simiana
Advisor

Connecting SUN E6900 to EVA8000

Hi all!
we have a Sun Enterprise 6900 which needs a fair amount of storage. I had offered some storage from our EVA8K to the unix admins to meet their needs.
Unfortunately, our SUN supplier/support people advised that they would not support the E6900 if it was connected to the EVA8K. To me this reeks of sales stand-over tactics, however I have not have much luck finding any information that supports either case (ie. is / is not supported)
I was wondering if anybody out there has any Sun enterprise servers connected to EVA's or if somebody can provide me with any information relating to the compatability; preferably Sun material as HP believe that it is a supported system.

Thanks,
Dean.
3 REPLIES 3
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Dean,
A quick bit of googling reveals that it looks to be a supported configuration according to this link - http://www.sun.com/software/cluster/osp/hp_storage_eva_interop.xml

Andrew
Dean Simiana
Advisor

Andrew,
I found the same bit of information. Sun can be difficult when they want to. The link seems to be more software orintated, and I was hopeing to get more of a hardware based HCL.

Thanks for the link though. It does confirm my interpretation of it too.

Dean.
Delrish
Trusted Contributor

Hello,

We have two connected E6900 to an EVA8000 without any problem. It has worked without a problem since two month later.