5021 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Convert MSA30 MI to DB?

Gavin Hubbard_1
Advisor

Convert MSA30 MI to DB?

Hello all

I want to convert an MSA30 multi-initiator array (part 359645-B21) to a MSA30 dual-bus array (part 302970-B21). This will allow me to use the array with our Proliant servers.

Is it enough for me just to install a dual-bus U320 module in the array, or does the MI array have some additional "secret sauce" to enable the multi-initiator configurations?

I need to know before I go and order a dual bus upgrade module (287483-B21)

Thanks in advance for your help.
3 REPLIES 3
Jefferson Humber
Honored Contributor

Gavin Hubbard_1
Advisor

Hi Jeff

Thanks for the quick reply. I was aware that the single-bus and dual-bus modules were interchangeable.

The problem is that I have a multi-initiator MSA 30 array here. This has a special U320 interface module that provides four SCSI ports (dual buses) specifically for shared-bus type configurations (e.g. two hosts sharing a single bus).

I need to know specifically if the MI version of the MSA30 can be converted just by changing the interface module.

My gut feeling is that it can, but I really need to make sure before I order the dual bus module (it isn't cheap!).
Jefferson Humber
Honored Contributor

Gavin,

Sorry, I forgot about the 4 port I/O module version.

I don't see why this is any different to the SB or DB version, surely the chassis/backplane is the same ?

Can't be 100% certain though.

Jeff
I like a clean bowl & Never go with the zero