3043 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Convert RAID0 to RAID1

SOLVED
Go to solution
LE TENO

Convert RAID0 to RAID1

I have a RAID0 array with 1 disk. And I want to add another disk and convert the array to RAID1 on a Compaq Proliant 3000 serveur with a smart array 3200 controller.
If possible without end of service.
How can I do ?
4 REPLIES 4
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor

Re: Convert RAID0 to RAID1

Hello;

Yes, you can do that using the Array Configuration Utility.

I am attaching a document with screen shots from the utility.

I trust this is helpful to you.

Janine
To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.
LE TENO

Thanks Janine,
could you tell me if there is any risk of losing data, the decrease of performance it implies and the time the process takes (the raid0 array contains a 18Gb disk) ?
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor
Solution

You're welcome!

As long as the array controller is active, there is always some small risk of data loss or corruption - we always recommend that you have a recent backup available before making any significant changes to the array.

The restripe of the array should take a minimum of 20 minutes/GB of data already on the drive. If your drive is full, it would take at least 6 hours.

This restriping should be fairly non-disruptive to your users. You can use the Array Configuration Utility to set the rebuild to a high, medium or low priority at any time if you find it causes any kind of access slow-downs.

Cheers!

Janine
To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.
LE TENO

Thanks a lot Janine,
your help was very usefull.
Pleased to "meet" you another time.

Best regards,

Nicolas.