6084 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Create Vdisk during the leveling process

Gustavo Navarro
Occasional Contributor

Create Vdisk during the leveling process

Hi!

I'll add 24 disks from 300 Gb to my EVA4400, and the question, can I create my vdisks at the moment to that it adds my disks to the group of disks or wait for the leveling process finish?
6 REPLIES 6
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

This depends on the size of the new vdisks you want to create, if you wish to use all new space(considering 300GB*24= ~6TB) then u need to wait till complete levelling is completed.

If you want to use some of the space then it will depend on the levelling percentage completion.

It will show the new DG free space with all the new space immediately when the moment you add to DG, but during levelling it will keep on increse to correct space and then will allow to create vdisks.
Gustavo Navarro
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your valuable help.
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Please dont forget to assing points if it helps

Thanks
Gustavo Navarro
Occasional Contributor

Ok, thanks!
ilayy
Regular Advisor

hi Sivaramakrishna
i didn't get what do you mean?
let's say we have a disk group of 8 disks of 500 gb each and i add 2 more disks of 500 gb to the disk group i will see in the total space immediately at the moment of add the 4000+1000=5000.
so what will increase and how should i know how much space can i use during the leveling?
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Yes, when the moment you add new Disks, it will report the entire space in DG, but if you try to create vdisk it will not show the entire free space available till levelling complete.