Disk Enclosures
1748075 Members
5309 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Creating a RAID 10 Array?

Jayson Bentley

Creating a RAID 10 Array?

I'm trying to create a RAID 10 Array on a Netserver 4LHr with an integrated NetRAID controller card. The array is to consist of 6 9.1GB drives. 3 Drives on each channel. I'm somewhat baffled as to what steps to create this array. I'm trying to do this from with in the NetRAID BIOS utility. What order do I select the drives in and what options do I choose to ensure that I have created the array correctly. Thanks for any assistance.
3 REPLIES 3
GerardDijkstra
HPE Pro

Re: Creating a RAID 10 Array?

I think you need to create 2 RAID1 sets first of 2 disks each. Then you can create the RAID10 out of the 2 RAID1 sets. The remaining 2 disks can be used as hotspares (this is because a RAID1 can only consist of 2 disks.

Accept or Kudo

Jayson Bentley

The way I understand RAID 10, I should be able to use all 6 disks. In theory, I need to create 3 mirrored sets, and then set them all up to stripe. I just can't figure out the right combination of steps to make this work correctly. Can someone please shed some further light on this? Thanks!
RAMY NAGUIB
Frequent Advisor

To make it much easier for you ,use the navigator.
Boot from it and choose the installation assistance and DO NOT choose automaed installation.
Choose configure Raid Array then:
1-Choose each 2 HD and configure them in a raid 1 "do not choose accept"
repeat the last setp 3 times
Then choose EXPAND ARRAY ,then Accept .at this step you'll have a Raid 10 CONSISTING OF 3 MIRRORS.
Good Luck