108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Customer Self Repair

SOLVED
Go to solution
rustam_2
Super Advisor

Customer Self Repair

First, sorry, i didnt know where i can ask this question.

Second, my server had problem. In warranty, i have 2 years more support and change technical hardware. I opened case, they found out problem and said(several times) that hardware and our engineer u will get very soon(free both of them). 10 days past, and now they are saying, we just will send hardware and you must change yourself. I searched and found this link http://h18033.www1.hp.com//support/selfrepair/emea/replace_part.asp?myinc=S001

so what means Mandatory CSR part? i didnt get it. Could you explain.

regards,
Rustam
9 REPLIES 9
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Mandatory CSR means that HP will ship you the part and you will install it. They will not send an engineer to install it for you, you have to do the installation yourself.

In my experience, these installs are relatively simple and the instructions are relatively easy to follow. If you are at all familiar with working on computer hardware this should be no problem. If not, pay very careful attention to the instructions and call HP with any install questions you may have.

Pete

Pete
rustam_2
Super Advisor

Thanks, Pete
This hardware is power supply for EVA. Before we didnt and didnt have experience about this, that's why thinking about this.

Hope we could do this ourself.

Thanks
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

I'm not intimately familiar with the EVA but a power supply replacement is usually a simple matter of loosening some screws or latches, sliding the old one out, sliding the new one in, and resecuring the screws/latches. You should have no problem.

Pete

Pete
Horia Chirculescu
Honored Contributor

>This hardware is power supply for EVA. Before we didnt and didnt have experience about this, that's why thinking about this.

>Hope we could do this ourself.

You should download the relevant document from HP (search for your EVA model). Usually "User Service Guide" would contain all the information you are needed in order to complete the task.

Pay attention to the details and all should be all right.

Horia.
Best regards from Romania,
Horia.
sarfaraj ahmad
Trusted Contributor
Solution

hi,
please use the below useful link for the power supply replacement of EVA. hope it will be helpful for you.

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01077557/c01077557.pdf

please search the appropriate manual from hp site according to specific model.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Rustam: It's the power supply of a controller or the power supply of a disk enclosure?

For the disk enclosure on EVAs 3000/5000/4000/6000/8000, the fans and power supply are Optional CSR part. This is due to the difficulty of replugging the fan on the power supply.

If it's an EVAx400, the M6412 enclosures have a different desing. Just pull out the failed part and push in the new one.
McCready
Valued Contributor

Usually, if you know who your local engineer is (or the telephone number of your local service manager) you can usually arrange for a local engineer to come by whey they are in the area to do this for you. In your case, I would complain about the time needed to get the part and they should be able to send an engineer to make you happy, at least once you talk to the local manager.

But if you do it yourself, not that you need to worry that much, but you should always pick an off-hours time, or at least a better time to do this (in my case, beginning of the day which allows plenty of time to recover if need be before close of business), just in case...

The last thing you want to tell your boss is that you were not sure of what you were doing but took no precautions.
check out evamgt.wetpaint.com and evamgt google group
rustam_2
Super Advisor

Thanks a lot for all of you.

Our EVA is x400. I read some references from hp.com and found out that we have to change our power supply, coz it's in customer self Repair warranty(all EVA's power supply must be changes by customer).
On the other hand, we dont have hp's engineer in our country. We need to invite from another country. That's why it's a bit difficult and expensive, i think.

Anywhere, thanks again for advices and instruction. I printed and read, hope will be ok, gonna change this weekend. I will let you know next week about this experiment.
rustam_2
Super Advisor

Hi all,
thanks again for all of you. Yeah, we could change power supply and now works correct without attention. I thought it would be mess and difficult but when i tried it seems not difficult.

regards,
rustam