1752794 Members
6147 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380 Not clearing a predictive drive failure

Michael Powers
Occasional Contributor

DL380 Not clearing a predictive drive failure

I had a drive got bad in a DL380. I replaced the drive but the error remains. This is the third drive so I know it wasn't a bad replacement. How can I clear this error. I have already cleared NVRAM.
5 REPLIES 5
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor

Re: DL380 Not clearing a predictive drive failure

Hi Michael;

How exactly is the server reporting a failed drive?

If you continue to get red LEDs on the hards drives even after replacing them, it's probably the drive cage backplane that's the problem.

If the server is reporting pre-imminent drive failure, you should apply the monitoring and performance patch for hard drives, SP16373 from http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/10468.html

Hope this helps,

Janine Bertolo

To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.
Michael Powers
Occasional Contributor

Everything looks fine on the server. Drive lights green and blink as the raid 1 should. IM7 reports the failure. I'll check out the patch.
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor

What exact error is CIM7 reporting?

You may have to mark the error as repaired, although clearing NVRAM should clear the management log too...

How did you clear NVRAM?

jb
To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.
Michael Powers
Occasional Contributor

Physical Drive - Port 2 Drive 0 17361MB

The error in the log has been cleared. Looks like SP16373 will fix the problem. I need to wait to reset the server tonight.
Michael Powers
Occasional Contributor

Well I ran the SP15373 on the server last night. It did not clear the error. Any other ideas?