108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 Raid 1 to Raid5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ben Knight
Occasional Advisor

Ok. So I have now thought of another question of course. If I leave the 2 drives in there now and add a few more, resize the partition on the OS partition, am I going to end up with a 145gb OS partition? I would perfer to put the OS on around 40gb or and use that other 100gb some where else....

Another question, right now we have 146gb 15k rpm drives. If I wanted to put say 300gb 10k rpm drives in the other array would that be a problem? Is there a big speed difference in 10k and 15k drives?

Thanks so much for the help!
Ben
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

You can continue to use the drive the way it is, but if you want to totally get rid of multiple partitions on the same logical drive (AND still have 1 drive for OS and 1 for data... mimmicking your current configuration), you will have to delete the logical drive and recreate 1 40GB Logical and 1 100GB logical. Otherwise, your stuck with 145GB for your OS after you manipulate with 3rd party software.

Going back to an earlier post, you can image the OS, reconfigure the logical drives and put the image back, if your up to the challenge.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Mathieu Ciarlet
Occasional Advisor

quote : "Diskpart will ONLY work on a partition where the logical drive does NOT contain an OS/Boot partition."

actually it works, i've used it to extend a RAID1 partition that I had migrated from 36,4 Gb to 72,8 Gb and then extend with ACU.

platform : DL380 G3 with windows 2000.

is there the opposite tool from microsoft to separate partitions ?
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Can you attach a screenshot of your disk manager screen?

And your ACU disk layout screen?

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)