Disk Enclosures
1748181 Members
3919 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Directions for upgrade EVA8000 from 4 enclosures to 8 enclosures with 2 loop-back switches.

SOLVED
Go to solution
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Re: Directions for upgrade EVA8000 from 4 enclosures to 8 enclosures with 2 loop-back switches.

Hi,
as it was allready written, the CVE 6.02 can be used for the CVE upgrade, because it is fully compatible with the 6.110 controller firmware version. But also it needs to be upgraded in two steps, first from 5.0 to 6.0 ->
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software7/COL16255/co-43018-1/
and then from 6.0 to 6.02
the pain is one part of the reality
mujzeptu
Super Advisor

Ok thanks!

I was able to get CVE 8 installed, patched and licensed. So now that that is done, i will figure out the firmware version and get that all ready.

Appreciate the help everyone! Are the firmware updates done through CVE?
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
yes, via the Code load section
mujzeptu
Super Advisor

Ok, is this what is needed to determine FW upgrade path?

PPC # and rev #?
OCP FW ?
controller # and ECO?
HSV210-#?

This is all I could find on the controller front. Let me know what numbers are necessary.
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
you can better see the firmware version via the CVE in the main display in the System section under the controller version
mujzeptu
Super Advisor

Ouch. 5031.
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
that means that there are 2 options:
1. do the 5032 interim firmware online upgrade (not public)
2. do the first upgrade from 5031 to 5100 offline
3. do the direct online upgrade from the 5100 to 6110
4. run the HDD firmware upgrade bundle
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
the 5100 can be downloaded from here:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software7/COL15019/co-39958-1/
mujzeptu
Super Advisor

What 2 options are there out of the 4 listed???

Thanks for the link to the FW. What is the recommended by HP, or by yourself method of doing this? Considering it is production and has critical data on it (yes we have backups).

Also, can you tell me what HP part #s i need to order for the other licensing options for the eva 8000 in CVE? Like the continuous access and business copy? I need the part #'s.

mujzeptu
Super Advisor

Also for the command view EVA instant-on?