4335 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EMC Clariion FC4500

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rick Dierks

EMC Clariion FC4500

Does anyone have an FC4500 connected to an HP 11.0 system (N4000 in this case)? Are you able to use alternate links? We currently are on an older symmetrix box and are considering going to fiber. I currently have pvlinks/alternate paths defined on the sym frame and would need to have the same functionality on the Clariion. If you have done this, did EMC provide a solution for it? The response centers stance is that the FC4500 is not supported (tested in their labs...) and that EMC would have to provide the pvlink solution.

If you have one of these systems (or a FC4700) are you happy with it?

thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

I dont believe its supported by HP
Get an FC60
It works for me (tm)
paul courry
Honored Contributor

I used to have a Clarion hooked up to a G30 box running 10.20. It ran fine. However, you will have to go elsewhere for maintenance.
Mark Mitchell
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Yes the alternitive link is maintained by LVM. If you look at your VG by doing a vgdisplay -v vg01. You will see the disks at the end of the output. So if you have a disk in the vg like /dev/dsk/c6t1d0, all you have to do is compare that to the second controlers id for that disk from an ioscan. When you vg extend the second address for a disk that is already part of a defined vg then the second path will become an alternate link. Such as for this example I found out that this disk is seen through the second controler as /dev/dsk/c7t1d0. I do a vgextend vg01 /dev/dsk/c7t1s0. Then when you type in vgdisplay -v vg01 you will see both addresses listed and the c7 will have alternative link written next to it. I use this to break up io on a clarion by adding the second address, then vgremove the first address (making the c7 one move up the list and become the primary, then re add the c6 address that I removed and it becomes the alternative link. You can have up to 7 altn. links per disk.
Pedro Sousa
Honored Contributor

I have a Clariion FC4500 connected to a MC/SG cluster with two nodes (L-2000).
It works fine, and I made some tests with it.
I took the cables off, from one SP and another, from one controller and the other, and it worked!

The only thing you cannot do is connecting it to an OPS cluster. Then you'll need a solution with fiber hubs.

good luck.