New Discussion юеВ

EMU stopped working with "-A" on LCD

SOLVED
Go to solution
daanj
Advisor

EMU stopped working with "-A" on LCD

Hello.
We've got 2 EVA 3k. During last few days 3 EMUs from eva disk shelf stopped working with "-A" on LCD display. All failed just after power on (testing environment). Reseating doesn't help, buttons doesn't work - looks like dead. Disk from this shelf are "unmappable hardware"I'm afraid now to restart any other disk shelf.
Any information what this info on EMU LCDs mean? Can it be repaired?
3 REPLIES 3
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Re: EMU stopped working with "-A" on LCD

Hi,
-A on an EMU indicates that the application code is corrupt. An HP engineer should be able to reload the code for you.
Have you just done a codeload of the EVA ??
The reason I ask is that the EMU's get codeloaded after a ctrl code load - if required. If you then turn off the EVA after the ctrl's reboot but while the EMU's are being codeloaded then that is when the code can become corrupt.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
daanj
Advisor

Hi. This time I replaced HSV100 controllers with HSV110 to check if they are working properly. Soon after that I shutdown disk shelfs. Only the top one EMU worked after restoring power. The third EMU failed after changing cables connection and power off in our second eva3k.
Thanks for the answer, I will check if hp will help us repair all EMUs
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Sounds like that was the problem. The controllers automatically do an EMU code-load when they sense the wrong version.
You can see this on the 7-segment display of the EMU - it shows "LD" and alternating the percent number during the code load.