108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA 3000 or 4000 - ungrouping disk

SOLVED
Go to solution
Matt Shaffer_1
Regular Advisor

EVA 3000 or 4000 - ungrouping disk

via command view I ungrouped a drive on 7/2. I selected that the job run in the foreground so nothing else could be done in command view. It is now 7/7 and I still can't get into command view. Isn't that a long time for an ungroup to run? FYI these are near online drives. Let me know if this is normal or if there is anything I can do.

thanks much
Matt
4 REPLIES 4
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA 3000 or 4000 - ungrouping disk

Hi,
when ungrouping you must have sufficient available free space for the leveling. These procedures are independent but in cases with not enough free spaces there could be the coincidence of the leveling and ungroup in which the leveling has highest priority...
the pain is one part of the reality
Matt Shaffer_1
Regular Advisor

Thanks. I do have plenty of free space. I made sure of that.
Rampy(Venu)
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hi Matt,

This is the fibre channel disk replacement guide please go through it as it says that ungrouping depends on the capacity of disk and storage activity going on.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01077562/c01077562.pdf

However to check i created a FATA group and created one vdisk of 10 G.B vraid 6(EVA8400) and put 1 G.B data on it and then tried ungrouping which took less than a minute for me.Assuming that it takes 1 minute per G.B then if you have 100 G.B vdisk created on that FATA disk group it should take 1 hour and so on..This is my way of understanding.There are no clear documents on this one.I am sorry for not letting you know the exact figures.Let us know the XCs version.

(If there are no vdisk created on that diskgroup and occupancy is 0 then it would take seconds.)
Matt Shaffer_1
Regular Advisor

After rebooting the command view server I was able to get right in. And the ungrouping/leveling was done. I'm a bonehead.