3643 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA 5K with 2c2d

BIJI JOHN
Advisor

EVA 5K with 2c2d

hello,
i want to add two new enclosure to my existing 5K san which is 2C2D, what are the steps that i need to follow to do this task and Does it requires loop switch

thank you
17 REPLIES 17
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Boy two disk enclosures, you need at least four disks in each enclosure to activate them. You don't need a switch but you can obtain advantage of using it.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
BIJI JOHN
Advisor

i mean to upgrade from 2C2D to 2C4D
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor

You do not need loop switches but it would be beneficial for maintainability (the next enclosures could be added online)

See the following nauals for reference on the configurations and steps:

Enterprise Virtual Array 3000/5000 user
guide
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00571498/c00571498.pdf

EVA Configuration Guide
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00229766/c00229766.pdf

Cheers
Peter
I love storage
stefano colombo_1
Super Advisor

Hi ,
I thought such work can be done only by HP personel , at least so I was been told .

Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi All,
As far as I am aware you can do your own upgrades, but you may prefer to use HP's services for several reasons.
It is possible to upgrade switched & non-switched configurations on-line but switched ones are easier. You do need to be careful and think about what you are doing for non-switched configurations. Going from non-switched to switched is a definate off-line job.
Obviously there are also several things to consider like RSS's, redundancy, etc but the actual h/w side of things is pretty straight forward. This is why many people use HP's services when upgrading.
As in above notes, read up, plan carefully and then do it [or get someone in!]
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
BIJI JOHN
Advisor

dear all,
hsv110 controller version is 2.006, is there any need to upgrade this version to the latest version before we add this two new enclosure

thank you
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor

Are you kidding!
VCS 2.006 has been superseded long time ago.

Current VCS versions are
- 3.028 for active-passive LUN presentation
and
- 4.007 for active-active LUN presentation

You should upgrade or have your EVA upgraded to one of the two versions as soon as possible!

Cheers
Peter
I love storage
BIJI JOHN
Advisor

hello peter,
if we upgrade the version of vcs to latest, then do we need to upgrade the version of the command view aslo

john
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Yes you do... If I remember correctly you'll need to get up to at least version 4 of Command View EVA to support VCS 3.028.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob

P.S. Remember to assign points to answers !