New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA 8000 Strange Alarm...

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Yes XCS 6.100 and 6.110 are available but I don't think that is the issue - but I could be wrong!?
Have you tried the sparing or occupany alarm change as this will not interrupt the users ???

Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Just checked the latest EVA disk drive bundle and that is dated 11 may 2007. You MAY have drives out of date - could be worth checking ?? Drive f/w available from here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3351789&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=3302267&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=54

Mark...
Vincon Daniele
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Just checked the latest EVA disk drive bundle and that is dated 11 may 2007. You MAY have drives out of date - could be worth checking ?? Drive f/w available from here:

Hi

i've check the release of new firmware on link, in HDDfw_index.txt my model NB50058855
(FATA DISK 500) have no change firmware HP03)

NB50058855 HP03 NB50058855_HP03.lod.

Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

If you haven't already you should log a fault call with HP. You shouldn't be seeing occupancy figure which is greater than the capacity !

That said, HP's first response is likely to be to ask you to upgrade the XCS code.... :-(

If they do, ask for proof that this problem has been seen in XCS 6.000 and that upgrading to XCS 6.110 will fix it.

Cheers,

Rob
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Received advisory info from HP today and it does mention what appears to be / similar to your problem. Extract below:
"Disk drive capacity usage is now correctly calculated after an online disk drive firmware upgrade."

"After removing or inserting a disk, the disk group capacity is now displayed correctly."

The full advisory can be found here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01035871&dimid=1256978157&dicid=alr_jul07&jumpid=em_alerts/us/jul07/all/xbu/emailsubid/mrm/mcc/loc/rbu_category-Advisory(Revised)/alerts

May be worth going to V6.100 or V6.110 after all ??
See what you think, but you may have restarted your EVA over the weekend and all is OK??
Mark...
Vincon Daniele
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
Received advisory info from HP today and it does mention what appears to be / similar to your problem. Extract below:
"Disk drive capacity usage is now correctly calculated after an online disk drive firmware upgrade."

"After removing or inserting a disk, the disk group capacity is now displayed correctly."

May be worth going to V6.100 or V6.110 after all ??
See what you think, but you may have restarted your EVA over the weekend and all is OK??
Mark...

Hi mark...
i've read the same advisory.... and have schedule upgrade xcs and restart eva next weekend..

thank's
Tom O'Toole
Respected Contributor

There is a known issue with free space calculation in 6.000, you definitely should upgrade to 6.100 ASAP!
Can you imagine if we used PCs to manage our enterprise systems? ... oops.
Vincon Daniele
Frequent Advisor

There is a known issue with free space calculation in 6.000, you definitely should upgrade to 6.100 ASAP!

Hi tom ..
i've read some issue, but my doubt is post upgrade to 6100 or 6110, what happens?

bye