New Discussion

Re: EVA 8000 Unmappable Hardware,...

SOLVED
Go to solution
Delrish
Trusted Contributor

EVA 8000 Unmappable Hardware,...

Hello Everyone,

I have an EVA8000 2C18D. HDDs are all FATA and placed in EVA based on EVA Disk Placement document. Command view version is v9.03.00.100811 and XCS Version is  6.25.

All enclosures have their own ID which is shown on EMU.

Problems are:

1-    All the HDDs are shown under unmappable hardware folder.

2-    Following event repeats every minutes in my controller event log:

event code: 06410017  The device loop configuration has changed on a HSV210 controller's Fiber Channel port.

Screen shots of CV & Even log are attached. Please infrom attanetion on the Contollers related to link failure on 2 of host ports which are not connected to SAN Switch.

Regards,

Delrish

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi,

if you will have two ports unconnected you should put a loopback device in there. If it's not in production yet this increases the ways available to you for troubleshooting - like disconnect a shelf/loop and see if problem disappears. But would be of course good to try to figure out which loop the problem might be on.

Logs are not attached (I cannot parse them).

No CV 10?

Unmappable hardware - check back of the enclosure for errors on the EMU/CAB and device port connections.

Delrish
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hello John,

EMUs Do not show any errors. And all of them have got an ID from CAB.

Log files are attached.

The array is not in production, and any idea or sugestion will be welcome.

Regards,

Delrish

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Well, you could disconnect one loop and see if the problem disappears. It's probably possible to analyze the logs and see which device might be causing it. But if it's not in prod and you have some playtime over