108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA 8400 power

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tim Chilton
Frequent Advisor

EVA 8400 power

I am planning to expand an EVA8400 from its current configuration to 2C27D and I'm trying to find a definitive answer if we need to upgrade power. The array is plugged into 208vAC power. For some reason, the HP power calculator isn't working for this configuration. I've seen documentation that suggests 30A is sufficient as average power. I know that the array will pull considerably more power when it's first turned on and would like to make sure that we are rated for that peak amount of power. Could anyone point me toward a resource that I could present to management?
2 REPLIES 2
Solution

Please find the following link and search for "Racking Guidelines and Power Distribution",
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13206_div/13206_div.HTML

The power distribution in an Enterprise Virtual Array rack is the same for all variants. The site AC input voltage is routed to the dual PDU assembly mounted in the rack lower rear. Each PDU distributes AC to a maximum of four PDMs mounted on the left and right vertical rails.

Each PDU is connected to a separate circuit breaker-protected, 30-A AC site power source
(100├в 127 VAC or 220├в 240 VAC ├В┬▒10%, 50 or 60-Hz, ├В┬▒5%).

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Tim Chilton
Frequent Advisor

Thanks!