New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA Enclosure M5314 - Need Help!

SOLVED
Go to solution
d0kt0r
Frequent Advisor

Hi Greaybeard!

That's a huge tip. Do you need to install any software to get the disks showing?If I have 5 disks on the shelf, they appear independent the 5 disks to be formatted?

Sounds great, but without getting the chance to use raid on them ... probably that's not what im looking for.

By the way, it is not for a production environment, all of this is for a SAN laboratory.

Now, search for a HSV110 EVA controller used for the shelf :p
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

Hi D0ct0r, no software other than HBA drivers needed. If you build an EVA you will also need the EAB (enclosure address bus), a terminated rj45 bus, in order to assign numbers to the controllers and disk enclosures, without this the Command View software will not see the enclosures and all the disks will appear in the unmapped hardware folder. You also need a WWN to initialise the system (I know this will work with the WWN and checksum from an old HSG array cos I tried it in our R&D lab, well who wouldn't ;-)

Hi guys,

Still somewhat stuck on this.

I've got two questions (they are related each other).

1) I dont have the enclosure address bus cable or the terminated rj45. Is there any part number for a kit including all the neccesary for the eva 3000?

2) Turning on the m5314 shelf, it appears one error on the EMU. [0.2] [02.] [01]
The only connected cables are the fiber port connectors, and the LCD rj45 cable. I still dont have the hsv110 (the eva controller).
Anyone has the error table around for checking me that error? Maybe the shelf is faulty?

Thanks in advance again guys!
d0kt0r
Frequent Advisor
d0kt0r
Frequent Advisor

Sorry, I can't edit my previous post.

And, continuing the question of the cables.
Having just 1 shelf (but thinking in getting another one if everything works ok) and 1 hsv110 controller ... how many of these cables should 1 get? 1 of : 17-05403-01, and 2 of : 17-04876-03 ?

Thanks again, you are gorgeus!
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

For one disk drive enclosure and two HSV controller modules (I am not sure you can set up an EVA with a single controller module - I've never tried...), you need all three AND a "top" and "bottom" terminator which are applied to the ends of the 17-05403-01.

A HSV110 controller module has two back-end loop-pairs, so it should signal errors if you try to run it with a single disk drive enclosure connected to the first loop-pair.
d0kt0r
Frequent Advisor

Update about the error code. Forget about it.
It was as simple as connecting the second power supply. After that, all green.

And, about the cables ... so, i need the three of them. But, about that terminators, ill need 2 of them? "top" and "bottom"?
Maybe there is a "Eva Connection Kit" from HP (part number?) where is included all the cables and terminators?

Arg, when I think im finishing this puzzle, more pieces comes from nowhere.

Thanks a lot guys!