3494 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA SMI-S Provider

Murthy_4
Occasional Advisor

EVA SMI-S Provider

Hi,

We are using a monitoring solution for our SAN network which uses the management interface SMI-S Provider for fetching the information of the EVA8100.

Now, our issue is that SMI-S Provider generated Disk Occupancy(for all the Disks) is different from the ones that we see from our Command View EVA software i.e., Command View EVA software shows the Formatted Capacity = 279.396 GB and Occupancy = 257.65 GB where as the SMI-S Provider shows Formatted Capacity = 279.396 GB and Occupancy = 380.289 GB.
As you can see the Occupancy shown by SMI-S provider is more than the Formatted Capacity or say, the actual capacity.
So I wanted to know the probable reason for this difference. Is this a configuration related issue or some thing else? Any inputs or suggestions from anyone are greately appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

Regards,
Murthy
5 REPLIES 5
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
try this troubleshooting doc for SMI-S testing in HP-SIM and HP-SE...
http://h18006.www1.hp.com/storage/pdfs/smis_troubleshooting.pdf
Maybe some usefull ideas can be found here..
the pain is one part of the reality
Murthy_4
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. But sorry that i couldn't get any help from the link provided.
To be more precice on the problem, I want to know whether there is a chance that the data provided by the SMI-S Provider differ from the data shown by CommandView EVA software(Actually, this is what happened in my case). If so, how can I resolve it?
By the way, all the data provided by SMI-S Provider is same as what CommandView EVA software shows, except in the case of "Disk Occupancy".

Thanks & Regards,
Murthy.
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
what CVE/SMI-S versions are you using pls?
the pain is one part of the reality
Murthy_4
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

The CommandView EVA version is 8.0, running on Windows 2003.
The am not sure of the SMI-S Provider version. But the HP SMI-S Service that is running is named ├в HP StorageWorks CIM Object Manager├в its description is ├в HP StorageWorks Cxws Cimom├в .

Thanks & Regards,
Murthy
Murthy_4
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

The CommandView EVA version is 8.0, running on Windows 2003.
The am not sure of the SMI-S Provider version. But the HP SMI-S Service that is running is named "HP StorageWorks CIM Object Manager" and its description is "HP StorageWorks Cxws Cimom".

Thanks & Regards,
Murthy