1751921 Members
4967 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA SmartStart v3.0.1

hpite
Frequent Advisor

EVA SmartStart v3.0.1

Has anyone tried to use EVA SmartStart v3 to create, present and mount storage to an application server?

I came across a HP VDS provider failure. The HP VDS provider was installed by EVA SmartStart in the wizard. When I checked, I found that the volume was created on the EVA and presented, but on the server, the volume was not mounted. I could manually mount it.

So it appears SmartStart is not able to instruct the OS to mount the volume for some reason.
6 REPLIES 6
Rampy(Venu)
Frequent Advisor

The reason behind manual mounting:--

As an alternative to using some of the features in HP SmartStart EVA Storage, you can use the advanced commands in HP Command View EVA to:
├в ┬в Initialize newly installed HP EVA storage systems using advanced commands.
├в ┬в Create storage volumes using advanced commands (requires manual mounting).
├в ┬в Access all the features in HP Command View EVA.

For automatic mounting use this procedure below:--

1. Insert the HP SmartStart EVA Storage CD into the application server and accept the license terms.
The main menu appears.
2. Do one of the following:
├в ┬в Select Start Now > Configure FC application server.
├в ┬в Select Start Now > Configure iSCSI application server.
3. The selected wizard feature appears. Follow the instructions in the wizard.

If you need to control how disk groups are created on a storage system, do not use HP SmartStart EVA Storage for initialization. Instead, use HP Command View EVA.

I think you might have used HP CVEVA to initialize the EVA and create,present vdisk in that case you need to manually mount it.And i feel that should be a recommendation.Please reply.
hpite
Frequent Advisor

No, I used EVA SmartStart to configure an FC application server. But in the middle of the wizard, it gives an error that it cannot mount the volume on the server.

Today, I will be trying the newer version SmartStartv3.1 to see if it resolves this issue.
Rampy(Venu)
Frequent Advisor

That's a good option to try.
hpite
Frequent Advisor

Ok, SmartStart v3.1 solves the problem. I think the key difference is the HP VDS hardware provider version. The older version 4.02 has a problem
Rampy(Venu)
Frequent Advisor

Good job.Thanks for replying back with resolution.
hpite
Frequent Advisor

Closing this thread