New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA - Terminlogies - Clarification Required

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi Karthik,

thanks for asking. I am familiar with hszxx and hsg80, which seems simple but I just couldn't figure out, how these evas are programmed.

Michael
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Hi Uwe Zessin,

I refer to Command View EVA 2.1 only ... yes there has been a version of CV EVA 2.1 ..!! (Check the attached PDF) ... Well all the connections are proper. Infact we have only one SAN switch [It is not connected to any exisiting SAN but a standalone(?) switch] to which all the 4 ports of the EVA and 1 port of the SMA are connected. I have not configured any zoning yet. Is it required to configure zoning also?? I thought it comes into picture only when you need to secure the storage/LUNs across different server but not for the initial setup.

Yes it is going to be a very good learning experience for me ...

Thanks,
Karthik S S
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Hi Michael,

I am sure when this thread ends (hopefully once I manage to configure the EVA) you will also become very familiar to the EVA :-) ..

Thanks,
Karthik S S
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Forgot to attach the file :-(

-Karthik S S
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Hi Uwe Zessin,

You are right ... only CV EVA 3.x is supported with VCS 3.0xx ... Attaching a PDF file which shows the support matrix .. I will try to get the CV EVA 3.1 installed first ...

Thanks,
Karthik S S
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I see...
The name change from HSV element manager to CV-EVA was V2.0a to V2.1 and not at V3.0 and it just happens that the Appliance is now at software level V2.1, too - it is too bad that my brain doesn't have ECC :-(
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Good going :-) .. If any are interested to know how to setup an EVA watch this thread :-)

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=449471

These 2 are going to be my favourite threads ..

-Karthik S S