cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVA discovery in HP SIM

Sam_Lees
Frequent Advisor

EVA discovery in HP SIM

Does anyone have a straight fordward guide to discovering EVA's in HP SIM. I have read several forum's and installed read the guides for Command View, SIM, SMI-s, WEBES..... I am starting to get a little confused and still can not detect my EVA in SIM.

I have Command View 6 managing an EVA4000 and HP SIM 5.1 installed on a seperate server.

SIM can see the command view server and can Identify SNMP & SSH however can not log into WBEM service. Is this required for EVA discovery or just HP-UX servers ?

3 REPLIES
cnb
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA discovery in HP SIM

Hi Sam,

I don't have a guide but do have the same setup as what you are using. I had to 'trust' the CV server in SIM. If SIM lists your CV system, then maybe you just need to make it a trusted system. I also had to upgrade the Agents on the CV side. If SIM can discover the CV, then the EVA should be able to forward the Event traps to the CV and SIM should pick them up. What does SIM list for events on the CV?
Sam_Lees
Frequent Advisor

The problem was that the WBEM password i set on installation did not take. It was set to the default password from the link below.

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/storageworks/smisproviders/smis_troubleshooting.pdf
Sam_Lees
Frequent Advisor